March 6, 2013

No Kid Should Go Hungry

It's been a whirlwind week for me. We're visiting daycares - he's getting ready to go to part-time pre-school! I know he's going to have a great time, but it's a little stressful. Maybe more for me than for him! For some reason packing his lunch is stressing me out more than anything! As I researched good, healthy lunches to pack for my little guy, I also found out that my stresses pale in comparison to others.


One in five kids in the US struggle with hunger. No child should grow up hungry. I can't even imagine sending my child to school hungry, yet so many kids do. No Kid Hungry, a non-profit that brings attention childhood hunger, is building awareness of this issue  by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need, every day.

childhood hungerThe No Kid Hungry campaign connects kids in need to effective nutrition programs like school breakfast and summer meals and teaches low-income families to cook healthy, affordable meals through Cooking Matters. This work is accomplished through the No Kid Hungry network, made up of private citizens, public officials, nonprofits, business leaders and others providing innovative hunger solutions in their communities. 

This week is National School Breakfast Week - Join No Kid Hungry to make a difference.

I wrote this post as a part of the Global Team of 200, a specialized group of members of Mom Bloggers for Social Good that concentrated on issues involving women and girls, children, world hunger and maternal health. All information used with permission.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sitting here reading this while my kids snack on fresh apples and a cup of milk. I can't imagine kids going to bed hungry tonight in our US! Thanks for bringing the attention to this!!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...