February 23, 2013

My Cat, My Dog ~ Book Review

We love reading in this house. 

I'm not sure if A loves it as much as I do, or if the 20 books (give or take) before bed is really just a stalling technique! I'll assume it's a love for books :)

Therefore I was thrilled to be able to review "My Cat, My Dog" by Katrina Streza and illustrated by Brenda Ponnay. 

Ipad kid's book

It is an incredibly cute book - I LOVE the illustrations...they are perfect for young readers. You could almost frame the illustrations for some wall art! The story is also great for learning, perfect toddler repetitiveness. A wanted to read it over, and over and over again....and then he told me over and over again all about what the "guau guau" (dog) and "mau mau" (cat) were doing! It's definitely a keeper!

The book is published by Xist publishing - which produces books for the touchscreen generation, geared for toddlers through beginning readers. Yes, my 2 year old can already use an ipad!

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did :) It's only $2.99 on Amazon!

*I was provided a copy of this book for review - all opinions are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I read this book recently and love it, too. My two-year-old twins could identify repeat words like "cat" and "dog" and got the simple concepts quickly. Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for $2.99, I will definitely check it out. It is so important to read to your kids at young ages, good books help them learn to love reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have read so many books before bed with our kids! This looks like a great one to add to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great book, I still have many books I use to read to my kids and my grandkids, bedtime stories are the best!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...