February 24, 2013

Happy Monday - A Happy Home!

It's Monday again - and I need some happiness. It's been a tough week. A really bad cold hit the house - sick toddler and sick mom are a bad combination. It just keeps lingering! Since I've been stuck in the house, I've been trying to think of ways to make my home a happier place. Other than having magical cleaning fairies visit :)

Normally, an easy way to brighten up the house is fresh cut flowers, either from the yard or store bought. I love fragrant flowers to brighten my mood. Even just opening the windows and smelling the fresh air instantly makes me feel better.

Baking! Though I don't have energy for it this week. The smell of fresh baked bread or molten chocolate always makes the house feel happy. Some mellow music ~ or dance music ~ instantly makes me smile! Some good Latin music always makes me want to move. On a cold night, there isn't anything better than the fireplace, I love having a fireplace.


Of course, longer term, adding some color to my home has made me so happy - even as simple as painting an accent wall, changing the bedding or new artwork. We If you want to see more of my home - check out the home tour :)

The most important way to make my home happy - of course - is the making sure the people in it are happy! Who could be sad when they get to come home to smiles like these!


How do you make your home a happier place? I'd love more ideas! Link up any post that makes you happy - the sky's the limit (or just comment if you don't blog)! Grab the button, link up and check out some other posts. Thanks for stopping by for week 6 of Happy Monday!


Crazy Casa K, Happy Blog


Make sure to join us next week for Happy Monday! I'll be writing about a how my family makes me happy!

30 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! I've been there and it's definitely hard to take care of your sick self and a sick kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Went to the dr. today to get some medicine - hopefully that will help both of us sleep :)

      Delete
  2. I love fresh flowers in the house too. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my favorite! I feel so lucky to live in CA where I have them year round!

      Delete
  3. Fresh flowers always make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me want to "happy up the house" today! Maybe I'll do some baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a happy house today :) I'm working on mine now :)

      Delete
  5. Those bright flowers definitely make the happiness flow! You should link up your post to my Mommy and Me Monday!

    Hopefully you guys are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mondays? Oh, that requires a good amount of sleep the night before! lol. Fresh flowers are always a great start, a fresh happy scent in the house; and hugs and kisses from happy kid's face! Also I make sure to have all the deep house cleaning done on Saturdays, so I can start the new week on Monday with a clean house. It helps me dread the new week a lot less, because I'm not facing a huge dirty house, but a clean house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dream of a good night's sleep! I need to find a good cleaning regimen. Rightnow I feel like I'm drowning in little cleanings :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Flowers definitely help brighten up the place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this week turns out better then your last!! What a great way to start the week - those are beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh bright beautiful flowers are always good! What makes me happy is worship or positive music while I clean or get ready it helps me relax. And of course being happy and smiling like you and your son :D Have a happy and blessed Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fresh Flowers always make my house happier. They lift spirits and add fun and excitement into our home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some really easy things to do to lift your spirit. I hope you feel better and think you are doing a great job lifting your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to start off the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coffee always makes me happier, even when I'm sick. I suppose that makes me a caffeine addict!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are beautiful! It will be months before we are able to plant or see growth here in MI. Probably longer considering the snowbanks are 4+ feet high! Yay for you, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny you should post this! I was just thinking of getting some fresh flowers and baking some cookies to cheer things up around here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am lucky to have a lot of windows where I can put flowering plants. I love flowers but always feel a bit guilty for picking them, lol. Today's happy moment was starting my garden with my son, being out in the fresh air picking the seeds to plant. Perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Moms shouldn't be allowed to get sick. I love opening the blinds and letting natural light flow in. It makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to buy some flowers. I've bee thinking that I need to keep fresh flowers around the house all the time. I think it would brighten everybody's mood.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fresh Flowers always make me smile. I use to have a wonderful garden in our previous home, that allowed me plenty of flowers. I should try to do something here. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am with you. I love having a fireplace too and that definitely makes me happy!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...