December 24, 2014

Four months old

The little guy is four months old today. Time has literally flown by.

I'm not sure how we got to four months. It's been too busy. I didn't have the hours sitting on the couch relaxing with this one.

The second child is not the same, there is the first one to worry about. Life is just busier, faster, fuller.

For the first few weeks of Baby D's life, things were chaotic. We moved, lived out of boxes, installed appliances, painted, Mr. A started a new school, we had family visiting, our dog came back...it was just non-stop. And so I didn't have the time to slowly take in my son's face, his smell, his sweetness.


Then one day, I sat on the couch (we finally got one!), and I stared at his beautiful face, and my heart burst. Don't get me wrong, I've loved him from day one, but I didn't realize quite how much until I took that deep breath and smiled. He smiled back. I love this boy.

He is the sweetest baby. Smiles for mommy, for daddy, for his big brother. He loves to stand, loves raspberries and tickles. He's rolling over and making silly noises. He lights up my life.

Things are a little different with the second. With Mr. A I wanted everything to go fast, to get to the new clothes, to sit up, take his first step, get his first tooth. With this guy, my last, I want everything to go slow. Everything is the last time, I want to savor it. He's going to wear those 3 month pajamas until he's bursting out.


I can't even describe how lucky I am to have this little guy in my life. He makes my family complete. I am so thankful he entered my life this year.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!




1 comment:

  1. I love this post! So very true about 2nd children. I feel like it is going so much faster this time around, and I'm desperate to slow it down and not miss anything!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...