February 28, 2013

Day in *My* life


It's throwback day! This post was initially published almost exactly a year ago on my friend's blog - which she has since disbanded, so I thought I'd share it here! Amazing how little life has changed in the last year... :) 

Welcome to life at Crazy Casa K…both my husband and I work full time, I’m a park ranger and my husband works from home. It makes for a busy life, but we love it…most days!

The alarm goes off at 6:30. I usually lie there for a few moments before garnering the willpower to get up! Usually A is making happy noises in his crib. Babbling away. I usually have 20 minutes before he is tired of playing by himself.

Then I go in and get him – the best part of my day is seeing his face light up when I walk in the room. I sing him his morning song “Good morning to you, Good morning to you, you look like a monkey, and you smell like one too!” One day he won’t enjoy this song, but for now, he bobs his head along with a big smile on his face.

 
I get him dressed and ready for the day. Then he plays while I get his and my breakfast ready. At 7:30 we go in and wake up daddy – making sure he makes his minute long commute down the hallway. Our baby-sitter arrives and chases A around while I scarf down breakfast, get my coffee ready, and update the babysitter on A’s food and schedule for the day.  I try my hardest to get out the door by 7:40 – waving and blowing kisses to A as he eats breakfast.

My days usually consist of meetings, meetings, and more meetings. Just what you imagine a park ranger doing, I know! When I’m not in meetings I hang out at my desk, trying to do some work while not being too distracted by the adorable pictures of A around my office J I’m also lucky to have a big window…
Over lunch I almost always try to make time and run/walk with one of my colleagues. I’m trying to work up to just running! Today I had the chance to both visit the new visitor center (opening June 9th, eek!), and see a roadrunner outside my window – wildlife sighting!


On a normal day I leave work at 5:30 pm – I work 9 hour days, so I can have every other Friday off to spend with my little guy. A gets to play with daddy from 4:30-6:00, and I get to feed him 2nd dinner (yes, he eats two dinners. No, he isn’t a hobbit!).


Since it’s my short day though, I got off a little early today, so we got to go for a walk as a family before it gets dark.  Then he gets a bath (his favorite, favorite thing!), play a little, cuddle, read a book, sing a lullaby, brush his teeth (and scream when I take the toothbrush away) and say “nigh nigh.”

Then I get to relax, wait, no! My amazing husband has started dinner…so we finish making dinner, give the Moose some attention, and most night these days, watch some tv or hockey. I play on the ipad, do some blogging, talk to my husband and get ready for bed…

Read, sleep, and get ready for the next day J Then it starts all over again….just a regular day in the life at Crazy Casa K…

8 comments:

  1. What a cute little boy and that office is beauitful!

    New follower from the Aloha Friday Bloghop!

    www.MommaCandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love a day in my life type stories... really lets us get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You saw an actual roadrunner! How awesome! And that view is amazing!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cute little man. Thank you for sharing you day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading about your day! That is so cool that you are a park ranger, but I would have never though you would be in meetings all day! I added you to my reader and look forward to reading more from you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son is SO cute, and your house, too! I love the tree decal in the first set of pictures :) Looks just about as crazy as ours, haha. I can relate :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it fun to look back and see how life is ever changing ever the same!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta watch hockey! It's funny how even a year later we still stick with some regular routines :]

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...