November 3, 2014

Grumpy's Cranberry 5k

My first 5k since, oh, I don't know when...

While we didn't run, it was a good walk! I even convinced my sister to join us :) It was both her and baby D's first 5k. A loved running with his Aunt and Uncle.



While we didn't win, we didn't come in last (all of three people behind us). We learned tons about cranberries (like if you strung all the cranberries harvested in North America together they would stretch from LA to Boston 565 times), we saw cranberry bogs, we laughed, we got muddy. Mr. A finished strong!


Not sure about all races in South Coast MA, but this one was awesome. I mean, the weather was a bit cold :) But the people were friendly, the swag was great - a shirt, a mug, a bag of goodies. 


Even better - the post run FOOD. Cranberry everything. I wish I'd taken a picture of the spread. Cranberry sandwiches, bagels, desserts, drinks - including beer :)

I can't wait to run next year - and to find some other local races to try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...