November 7, 2014

First Snow of 2014

November 2nd.

It snowed here on November 2nd. Doesn't that seem insanely early?

Granted it wasn't a big snow. But it snowed for a few hours, and stayed on the ground until nighttime.

It sure looks beautiful in my neighborhood!


And how gorgeous is snow on red leaves? A was very mad at the snow for messing up his tree.


But he absolutely loved playing in the snow. He made snowballs, built a mini-snowman with Uncle Brandon, he played until his shoes soaked through (I just bought him some snow boots!) - and his mittens were dripping (also have better gloves on order...). I hope he continues to enjoy the snow, since I feel like there might be a lot more. Skiing, Snowshoeing, Snowboarding in our future?



And of course at the end of the day, we curled up in the living room with a fire, s'mores and family. The first snow was kind of awesome.

I'm sure we won't have as much fun every time, but this one was awesome :)

1 comment:

  1. How gorgeous! I do miss snow, a lot. It would be lovely to have a little smattering of it where I live. Just once. :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...