November 25, 2011

Small Business Saturday instead of Black Friday

I just don't get how the deals could possibly be worth it.

This happened just 30 miles from my house:

Wal-Mart shoppers hit by pepper spray describe chaos



Seriously? That is ridiculous! Not worth leaving the house. Shop online, pay $10 extra dollars next week. Not worth the hordes of people, traffic, angry shoppers and craziness.

Instead, I plan on trying to support Small Business Saturday. Small business can't compete with the wal-marts of the world, but at least I can try and give them my business...there are pleanty of small local businesses around where I live.  For "cyber-Monday," I'll try to support small on-line businesses instead of large on-line retailers, such as etsy or heartsy. Though I must admit it's hard to turn down free 2-day shipping....

I just think this craziness needs to stop...shopping is not worth inflicting pain on people...




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...