September 15, 2011

Book Review - Love in Mid Air

Borders is closing.

This is both good and bad.

I have always hated the evil big box bookseller, so good. On the other hand, for the short term, it means less buying options. Or really, less browsing options, so bad.

On our last family vacation, I took a few moments to steal away and browse the going out of business sale at the Borders near our hotel.

I bought "Love in Mid Air" for 50% off. That is what it was worth. I am glad that I didn't buy it at full price.



It was a quick read. I never found my connection to the main character, or even her connection to those she loved. The author was delineating the decline of a marriage, but never gave the marriage life to begin with..so the climactic end, not so climactic. The last chapter is by far the most imaginatively written, but not very believable. That is really all there is to say.

I hope the next book I read is more substantive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...